The Cheetah C550 is most recent, advanced GPS speed and red light camera detector, specially designed to maximise the efficient potential of our Trinity 3.0 database. CBS Cambridge offers the Cheetah 550 Black Edition which is designed from the ground and keeps getting smarter with time. C550 is the very latest and most advanced of Cheetah’s innovation and red light camera detectors. The Cheetah 550 is the latest award winning GPS detector, gaining a lot of popularity and used around the world. C550, utilising our internationally acclaimed Trinity 3.0 database to the maximum, sets the highest benchmark for consumer GPS speed and red light camera detectors.
CBS Automotive offers installation of the standard Cheetah 550, by our accredited engineers within Cambridge. We also offer other professional installation of various automotive equipment.
If you are based in Cambridge or the surrounding area, and are looking for a discreet professional install of any of the products from the Cheetah Range, then please feel free to give us a call on 01223563030.
Cheetah 550 special features
- Individually configurable audio for each different type of alert to suit your preferences.
- Individual speed limit – Tone plays each time you exceed your present speed.
- Dark mode –the display will only light up during an alert for stealth installations, or for night time driving,
- Custom alert distances – select different warning distances for different types of camera.
- Alert mute – quickly switch off / on the audio for the current alert.
- Alert cancel – quickly cancel the current alert if required.
- Whisper mode –When under known speed limits, whisper mode keeps the C550 quiet.
- Adjustable alert speed limit tolerance – Over speed alert activate speed to suit your driving style.
- Variable warning distance – automatically reduces the alert distance at slower speeds.
- Adjustable screen brightness.
- Personal locations – store up to 64 of your own locations.
- Database update reminder – if you forget to update for 6 weeks, your C550 will occasionally remind you.
- Optional Silent start up.
- Demo mode.
Trinity 3.0 alert presentation methods
Cheetah’s Trinity 3.0 database allows the C550 to present alerts in a variety of different ways to suit the individual conditions at each stored location.
- Custom alert distance with countdown alert
- Single point alert (no countdown, used to impart relevant information’s).
- Countdown alert with Trinity 3.0 defined alert distance.
- Trinity 3.0 defined trigger location with countdown alert.
- Warning over longer sections of commonly enforced roads with mobile enforcement zones.
- Average speed zones, calculating your average speed since the start of the zone.
Alerts you as you approach a speed camera location
- When approaching each speed camera location, you receive up to four informative spoken voice descriptions, making you aware you are approaching an accident black spot location where there is a speed camera located.
- Over speed tone when driving above the speed limit at the speed camera location.
- When you pass through a speed camera, a final chime will sound
Cheetah introduces a programme of continuous alert enhancement, with the aim of improving our “effective distance” false alert filtering and our multi-point false alert filtering technology and for each camera location. Additionally, our intelligent multi-directional alert ability is enhanced by an ever increasing number of new alert descriptions to maximize the benefits of our unique Trinity 3.0 database.
CBS automotive based in Cambridge can supply and install a Cheetah C550 GPS speed camera detector, a warning range for each type of alert can be set by user. You are in complete control over which type of alerts to hear and how they sound.
Cheetah C550 GPS speed camera detector
Cheetah 550’s inspiring, illuminating and easy to read LED display clearly unveil all the vital driving and alert information a driver needs. Particularly in bright sunlight the yellow digital speedo remains visible. The handy clock and compass features keep you nicely informed. The current speed flashes during an alert, to highlight if you are over the speed limit and the clock switches to show a numeric distance countdown to the alert site. During average speed camera systems and mobile enforcement zones there is an additional distance countdown progress bar, to emphasize the alert site proximity or to keep you updated.
Cheetah C550 Speed Camera Detector features
- Yellow digital GPS speedometer and MPH or KPH modes
- UK wide safety camera locations
- Over speed warning at speed camera locations
- Adjustable alert choice
- Windows based PC, not Apple MAC compatible
- Adjustable volume
- LED display
- Warnings when approaching a speed camera
- Headphone socket
- Dark mode; LED's light up only at speed camera locations
- Choice of 3 brightness settings
- Dimensions: Width - 72mm, Height - 40mm, Depth - 26mm
The Cheetah C550 can be supplied and installed by CBS Cambridge. The speed and red light camera detector is packed with features:
- External GPS antenna socket
- Stereo mute connection
- Headphone socket
- Two separate mounting options (dash and windshield)
Adjustable alert speed limit tolerance
The over speed alert activation speed can be increased to suit your driving style. For example, if you set a 10% tolerance then you would not receive an over speed warning in a 30MPH zone until you are doing 33%. The options for tolerances are:
You will also get variable warning distances depending on the speed of your vehicle. For example, at slower speeds you will receive less distance of warning.
You may also choose to use Personal Speed Limit function where you can set your own personal speed limit. Whisper mode will make the alerts on the Speed Cheetah C550 quiet if you are driving on roads where you know the speed limit. You can set personal locations too whereby you will be alerted up to 64 of your own preset locations.
Get standard Cheetah 550 at CBS Cambridge to enjoy this ultra-modern automotive equipment in your vehicle.